Happy New Year!

I think we missed the cutoff for Ada 2022, so I guess the next standard version will be Ada 2023?

No, the new standard is called Ada 2022, even if the ISO publication will be in 2023. See Ada 2022 Language Reference Manual.

1 Like

I remember the same happened for Ada 2005. See Ada 2005 FAQ - Ada Resource Association

1 Like

Correct: the s.c. “vernacular name” for the new standard is “Ada 2022”.

The technical work on the new standard has been finalized earlier in 2022, and was already approved up to the highest level in ISO/IEC. Lately only some editorial changes are being made per request of ISO, i.e. changes to the English wording used in the RM, not to the technical content. When that’s finished, the ISO publication will follow.

2 Likes

Yep this is normal. Ada 2022 is currently going through ISO’s process. The ARG however has already made the formal submission to the ISO (of what will become the Ada 2022 standard), baring minor wording/terminology issues that come out of ISO’s review. However the name of the resulting standard is based on what was submitted to the ISO by the ARG, and the we did that in 2022.

Ergo Ada 2022 is technically complete already.

2 Likes