Ada Developer Workshop @ AEiC 2024, a new "FOSDEM DevRoom" for the community

Pending an update of the Ada Developers Workshop webpage on the AEiC2024 site, the list of accepted presentations is already available on the Ada-Belgium webpage for the event.

https://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk.craeynest/ada-belgium/events/24/240614-aeic-adadev.html

The detailed schedule of the workshop day will be announced shortly.

2 Likes

Dear all,

the list of speakers, talks and schedule for the Ada Developer Workshop has been published [1]. The Workshop will take place on the 14th of June in Barcelona. The entry has a small price of 10€ if paid before the 20th of May and 20€ if later. The price covers the cost of two coffee breaks and a meal. You can find more information in the registration page [2].

Here is a short summary of what will be shown during the workshop:

• “SweetAda: a Multi-architecture Embedded Development Framework” by Gabrielle Galeotti (Italy), Fernando Oleo Blanco (Spain)
  • “Avoiding Access Types” by Jeffrey R. Carter (Belgium)
  • “G-NAV: Soaring the Clouds with AdaWebPack” by Guillermo A. Hazenbrouck (Belgium)
  • “Alire 2.0: a Quality of Life Update” by Alejandro Mosteo (Spain)
  • “HiRTOS: a Multicore RTOS Written in SPARK Ada” by J. German Rivera (USA)
  • “Ironclad: a Formally Verified OS Kernel Written in SPARK/Ada” by Cristian Simon (Spain)
  • “An Ada Story of Time” by Jean-Pierre Rosen (France)
  • “Controlled I/O: a Library for Scope-Based Files” by Jeffrey R. Carter (Belgium)
  • “Ada Community Advocacy” by Fernando Oleo Blanco (Spain)

[1] Ada-Europe 2024 - Ada Developers Workshop
[2] Ada-Europe 2024 - Registration

Best regards,
The Ada Developers Workshop organisation team

2 Likes

The AEiC2024 organizers extended the early registration deadline until and including Monday May 27. So you have until coming Monday to register at the low price of 10€!

Update: thanks to sponsoring, in-person participants only pay 20 EUR (late) registration fee, which covers participation in the full-day workshop, lunch, and morning and afternoon coffee breaks; remote participants are required to register as well, but participation is totally free!

2 Likes

And if you opt for in-person participation, you’ll probably be in Barcelona already the night before? Then definitely have a look at the social events on the conference website and consider participating in the Thursday evening visit to and dinner at a famous brewery…

1 Like

Remember that registration is still open for the Ada Developers Workshop #AdaDevWS at the #AdaEurope conference #AEiC2024 in Barcelona on Friday 14 June 2024. Some places remain for in-person participation, many remain for remote participation. :wink: #AdaProgramming

The room for in-person participants at the Ada Developers Workshop #AdaDevWS will be quite full, though some places remain.

If you would be in the neighborhood of Barcelona end of next week, or would fancy coming over for an extended weekend in a vibrant city starting with a Friday full of #AdaProgramming language related presentations and discussions with Ada developers, then you can still register for the day.

If you can’t be there in person, remote participation is also an option.

All info: Ada-Europe 2024

1 Like

Hi Dirk, how does the remote participation work? I’d like to join the Workshop online tomorrow and watch as many presentations as I am able.

Thank you very much.

You need to register online via the conference website. Later today, all participants should receive information by email on how to join remotely.

Hi again!

First of all, thank you to the organisers and presenters, I thoroughly enjoyed the session, it’s great to see such great prensentations, enthusiasm and great work. Fantastic.

And, sorry if I missed it, but, are the recordings and slides available somewhere?

Thanks you very much,
Alexis.

At the moment, the recordings are only on Fernando’s laptop, and (as a backup) somewhere in Google Meet.

Fer will check everything, possibly cut and paste a bit, to prepare the set of recordings and slides for publication. In the meantime, I’ll figure out where we can put all that material, probably (at least) on the Ada-Europe webpages for the workshop.

That will take some time, Fer also has a daytime job, and some of us will be on vacation soon. We’ll definitely let everyone know here, as well as on all kinds of mailing lists, newsgroups, and social media. Stay tuned…

6 Likes

Is all of the video content when available; free to be distributed as widely as possible, such as by podcast?

Yes, I will release them under Creative Commons 4.0 :slight_smile: (Share-Alike most likely)

5 Likes