Exercism Ada Track

Anyone creating or planning to create an Ada language track on Exercism ( https://exercism.org/ )? This would be a really good pace to put Ada in front of those looking to learn programming languages.

Jeff.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Ada track has no longer support: GitHub - exercism/DEPRECATED-ada: Exercism exercises in Ada.

Instead, in the context of the Alice project I’m developing, many (external) Problem Sources are planned to be supported (e.g. Project Euler, Advent of Code, Checkio, CodinGame, etc). Ada track could be one of them, possibly recovering the contents of that deprecated repository and adding new stuff. Of course, new Problem Sources can be created specifically for Alice, either to learn the Ada language or to challenge participants with difficult problems in the Ada/SPARK realm.

Also, in case you don’t know, take a look at learn.adacore.com.

1 Like

I knew of a couple of those sites (Project Euler and Advent of Code). Always interested in more to get exposure to more programming practice though I’m not a developer I enjoy the exercise when it’s not turned into a competition (think time constrained interview testing).

My thought was that Exercism is popular with a few of the developers I know and if the Ada community intends to bring in more people it has to get it front of new audiences by putting it where those eye balls are. May be Exercism’s popularity is because it has in turn been able to get publicity in the right places (eg, podcasts and tech news sites) or it could be it appears popular to me because of those around me.

I look forward to seeing Ada on those sites you mention. When I get around to it I’d like to re-aquainting myself with Ada.

Thread on exercism forum.

I’m not a developer I enjoy the exercise when it’s not turned into a competition

You can always enjoy solving these exercises outside of competitions. And that’s probably when you enjoy it the most.

I look forward to seeing Ada on those sites you mention. When I get around to it I’d like to re-aquainting myself with Ada.

There are places with no programming language restriction, like Project Euler and Advent of Code. So don’t wait for something you’ll never see!

Thanks Max, I’m already following this discussion on exercism, but at the moment I’m too busy with Alice to consider contributing. Maybe in a couple of months …