IDE, your alternative to gnatstudio?

:partying_face: New GNAT Studio release is on GitHub. This time even with AppImage, so it can be run without installation this way. :birthday:

You can try if this works for you better than GS 2020.

2 Likes

Hi Max, Thanks for letting me know but I have to keep working and better the devil you know then the devil you don’t. If your one of the people working on the GNAT Studio project I would be happy to work with you and help you to fix bugs that I am finding if your interested. In the past I spent a lot of time on giving feedback and nothing happened. There is a lot that could be done to promote Ada in this world and one of the main things would be to eliminate bugs and take quality seriously. Much more important than delivering new features.

Tom

It works well for me.

Hi @JulienGioux
You can now use #&{}[]@ with the french keyboard with the last release of GnatStudio

You say you have tried to install it in WSL2.
I suppose it was with a remote connection (Gnat studio on Windows with a remote connection with the WSL toolchain).
I would like too but I can’t do configure the remote connexion in Gnat Studio to connect to WLS2. Do you know how to do ?
thanks

For the records, Gnatstudio works quite decently in Linux (and the AppImage they have released avoids suffering a traumatic installation process).
You can manage large projects with Gnatstudio (I can prove it!), although you might have to get used to some minor issues. In any case, I prefer those little issues than blindly coding in a text editor.

3 Likes

I’ve just finished writing a (long) procedure to configure Eclipse for editing/running Ada/Alire projects .

You should start by reading the conclusion :wink:

1 Like

That must have been a fun exercise!

The ‘project properties error parser’ image isn’t shown - https://www.drpi.fr/images/ada_on_eclipse/proj_prop_error_parser.png not found.

Sure :wink:

This is a classical case insensitive versus case sensitive file system problem. On my Windows machine I can’t detect these problems.
This should be fixed now.

Thanks for reporting the issue.