I’m wondering to what extent the concurrency model provided by Ada’s Ravenscar profile is actually used in the high-integrity systems industry, and in what way.
During university, I had the opportunity to study and work with the Ravenscar profile.
Throughout my professional career, I have worked as an Ada developer on critical and real-time avionics systems. In that field, the ARINC-653 concurrency model, implemented in certain well-known commercial RTOSes, is a de-facto standard.
Recently, I’ve been working in similar sectors, but in C. Here, of course, an RTOS is absolutely essential if you need concurrency. In this field, concurrency models vary greatly, but one thing remains the same: the Ravenscar profile remains the best choice for systems of this kind.
So I wondered whether this profile had any real-world or professional application. In this regard, I’ve only found this article of the Ravenscar profile used by the European Space Agency (ESA): “Using the Ravenscar profile for space applications: the OBOSS case”.
Do you have any further information?