YASS (Static Site Generator) 3.1.0 released (now in Alire!)

YASS: Yet Another Static Site (Generator) is now in alire

As the title implies, YASS is a static website generator written in Ada. It’s also what is used to generate not only its own website (yass.website) but also getada.dev’s website.

Like similar website generators, it turns a bunch of markdown files into a website. For an example of a YASS project, check out YASS’s website repo.

A couple years ago I took over the project and have mostly been trying to clean up broken links and try to revive some of the old infrastructure, update documentation and the website, etc.

Last year I wrote something of a roadmap on the github page:

The first major part of all of this was getting YASS to work with alire, which involved setting up some external dependencies (such as libcmark) and moving some gpr external variables that gpr relied on in alire.

It all seems to be working now, and you can either download the latest release for your platform or install it by simply running alr install yass.

Now that I finally have the releases in a working state, I’m trying to have github actions automatically build and deploy YASS projects so things like getada/www will automatically update the github.io page.

In the meantime, if you’re interested in experimenting with YASS, the easiest way to do so is to just run yass create my_site and it’ll create a project in that directory for you to play around with the config.

5 Likes