Ada Monthly Meeting September 2024

Hello everybody!

I would like to announce the September (2024) Ada Monthly Meetup which will be taking place on the 7th of September at 13:00 UTC time (15:00 CEST). As always the meetup will take place over at Jitsi. The Meetup will also be livestreamed/recorded to Youtube.

If someone would like to propose a talk or a topic, feel free to do so! We currently have no proposals. Nonetheless, I would like to talk about the AEiC 2024 Ada Developers Workshop, remind people about the 2024 Crate of the Year Award and maybe talk a bit about the Ada Users Society :slight_smile:

Here are the connection details from previous posts:
The meetup will take place over at Jitsi, a conferencing software that runs on any modern browser. The link is Jitsi Meet The room name is “AdaMonthlyMeetup” and in case it asks for a password, it will be set to “AdaRules”.
I do not want to set up a password, but in case it is needed, it will be the one above without the quotes. The room name is generally not needed as the link should take you directly there, but I want to write it down just in case someone needs it.

Best regards and see you soon!
Fer

8 Likes

Hi all,

this is just a quick reminder of tomorrows Meetup!

Best regards and happy coding!
Fer

4 Likes

Is there an agenda? Sorry if you posted it elsewhere; I lost track. I doubt I can attend, but I am curious.

Not much of an agenda, apart for some talking points. I should also add WolfSSL crate to the list… That reminds me that I have to submit the PR… Oh…

EDIT: oh, and I should also mention FOSDEM…

I’d be very interested in hearing about the “Ada Users Society”. We could probably just have some open discussion in general… I don’t have much to say on it but I can talk about YASS.

Hi all!

We just finished the Ada Monthly Meetup and here are the topics that were discussed:

That is all that was discussed today!

I forgot to mention the release/update of the toolchains available in Alire (GCC 14 and GNATProve 24) and the new features of GNATProve. So those topics will go to October’s meetup.

2 Likes

I have been made aware that the livestream audio is quite shitty. I wont go into the detail but indeed, it was an issue from my side as I was not wearing earphones and my mic was also capturing the speakers audio…

I will try to have it fixed for the next time. I am sorry for the inconvenience…

1 Like

Don’t sweat it too much. We really appreciate you organizing these meetings.

2 Likes

I left my mic on without headphones whilst Simon was talking about RiscV too.

Oh, and here is the YouTube video link: https://www.youtube.com/live/i_bVoiDlw5E